Lingenfelter LNC-003 2-step RPM limiter
Lingenfelter LNC-003 2-step
For GM Gen III & IV Engines
(LS1, LS6, LS2, LS7, LS3, LQ4, L76, L92 etc.)
The LNC-003 Dual RPM Launch Controller is a true 2-Step spark based RPM limiter for use with LSx based engines and ignition systems. The LNC-003 provides the ability to control a primary and secondary RPM limit setting. This will help provide consistent launch RPM off the line in drag racing and other standing start racing applications. In turbocharged applications the LNC-003 can also be used to load the engine and help build additional boost off the line.
The LNC-003 can also be used as an adjustable individual cylinder RPM limiter, providing reliable and fast acting spark based engine RPM limit control. This is especially useful in vehicles that have auxiliary fuel control systems where it is not possible to make sure that both the factory ECM/PCM and the auxiliary systems both turn off fuel at exactly the same time. This is important if the two don’t completely cut fuel at the same time you will run lean when only one system cuts off the injectors, risking severe engine damage.
Launch Control/2-Step Features:
The independent coil drive of the LNC-003 provides sequential ignition kill when RPM limiting is active. The desired RPM limiting is set as shown on page 3. The activation for the Primary RPM setting of the Launch Control/2-Step function is controlled by the ground (green) or +12 volt (yellow) activation wires. The activation for the Secondary RPM setting of the Launch Control/2-Step function is controlled by the +12 volt (orange) activation wire.
If you are triggering off of the clutch switch, the 2-Step will trigger each time you depress the clutch pedal. This can be used to provide an ignition cut/torque cut on each gear change to potentially allow for faster shifts/faster clutch engagement.
If you do not want the 2-Step to trigger when you engage the clutch pedal once you are moving then you will need to install a momentary switch or use the Lingenfelter MPH activated switch. With the MPH activated switch you can set at what MPH you want the 2-Step activation to be disabled.
The LNC-003 is designed for use with most GM LS series engine applications (LS1, LS6, LS2, LS7, LS3, LQ4, L76, L92 and other Gen III and IV GM V8 applications along with other GM V8 engines using the same ignition coil system) except LSA and LS9 equipped vehicles (ZR1, CTS-V, ZL1). Compatible vehicles include:
• 1997-2004 C5 Corvette
• 2005-2013 C6 Corvette (including Z06)
• 1998-2002 LS1 V8 equipped Camaro and Firebird
• 2004-2006 Pontiac GTO
• 2008-2009 Pontiac G8 with the L76 or the LS3 engine
• 2004-2006 Cadillac CTS-V
• 1999-2013 GM CK trucks (Tahoe, Yukon, Escalade, H2, Sierra, Silverado, Avalanche) with the 4.8, 5.3, 6.0 and 6.2L Gen III and IV V8 engines (will not work on 305 & 350 Vortec engines)
• 2003-2006 Chevrolet SSR
• 2006-2009 Trailblazer SS and other S/T body trucks with the 4.8, 5.3 and 6.0L Gen III & IV GM V8 engines
The LNC-003 should function on the following vehicles/engines but has not yet been tested on them:
• CK trucks with 8.1L V8 engines (L19) with individual coil ignitions
• Front wheel drive 5.3L LS4 Gen IV V8 equipped cars Impala SS, Grand Prix & Monte Carlo
The LNC-003 should also function with these products but has not yet been tested with them:
• Aftermarket coils for the LS series engines (such as the MSD coils) used with GM ECM/PCM.
• Aftermarket engine management systems and ignition systems (Accel, BigStuff3, Motec, FAST, MSD, etc.) that run the production GM coils.
The LNC-003 will NOT work with other individual coil ignition systems like those found on the GM Northstar or Ecotec engines or on the Ford modular V8 and the Chrylser Hemi V8.
• Custom molded high temperature glass filled Nylon 6 enclosure with direct access to the controller settings without requiring removal of a cover or access panel.
• 40 MHz 16-bit automotive qualified processor with eight channel Enhanced Time Module.
• Each coil drive circuit has a dedicated timer to keep the timing accurate over the full RPM range.
• Independent coil drive provides Sequential Ignition Kill when RPM limiting is active.
• Reverse battery protection.
• Both of the activation inputs have active clamps and optical isolation to suppress electrical noise from external solenoids such as transmission brakes and line locks.
• Digital filter provided in software to further isolate electrical noise on the activation inputs.
• Separate Primary and Secondary RPM x100 & RPM x1000 switches for easier setting adjustments.
• RPM limiter activation point can be adjusted from 1,500 to 9,900 RPM in 100 RPM increments.
• Both Ground Activation and +12 Volt Activation inputs are provided for the Primary RPM limit activation.
• Dedicated +12 volt activation input for the Secondary RPM limiter.
• True plug-and-play coil pack connection design for ease of installation and removal.
• Fully encapsulated (potted) construction for added durability.
• 90 day warranty
• Harness length: 48 inch coil pack harness (2x)
• Diminsions of LNC-003 case 3.6 inches x 4.3 inches
This product is not plug and play for the 2009-2014 CTSV LSA engine, 2012-2013 ZL1 Camaro LSA engine, or the 2009-2013 ZR1 Corvette LS9 engine. We recommend the LNC-2001 for these vehicles.